Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mercury Retrograde

This seems like one of the worst Mercury retrograde periods I’ve ever been through. Mercury started to go retrograde around mid April and will continue until May 14th. I am beset with a very slow transition from my job, working in a loony bin (most politically incorrect word choice) to my new job working with a doctor in a brain training clinic.

Taking my cues from astrologyzone, it’s not a good idea to start a new job during Mercury retrograde, or even the week before Mercury starts the retrograde motion. And if you do, there is a good chance the contract will have to be re-negotiated, or that you may not want to stay with the new job at all. It all seems so very true for me. While I want very much to stay with my new job, it is just very slow to start and I’m concerned with making money. At the same time, I’m enjoying the slow start and not working yet, because I really enjoy my time to myself. So, I try to be resigned to not worry about the job situation until after May 14th when things start going direct again.

To give some technical explanation, when Mercury, or any planet, “goes retrograde” it is in a position to appear to go backwards in its motion across the sky due to the positioning and relative motion of the earth and that planet to one another.

In the meantime, you can hear the astrologically aware folks across the land complain about every computer glitch, every travel delay, and the frustrated lack of progress to get on with our lives blamed on Mercury retrograde. Must be a powerful planet indeed! Happy mid-Mercury retrograde everyone!

No comments: